Role Profile: Providing our customers with an exceptional service is key to our business and we are now looking for an IT Support Assistant who can guide our customers through a smooth process when faced with any technical challenges.
To excel in this role, you will be technically minded and have a passion for excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will provide 1st line technical support for both hardware and software issues to head office users and remote site users. Support to our users will be provided in person, over the phone, and via remote desktop support software.
The role is very varied with every day being different; as such the ability to adapt and work under pressure is essential. Whilst training in some areas will be given, it is expected that the successful candidate will have an acquired level of understanding and experience of working in a previous IT environment.
Salary from £20,725 per annum
26 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
Hours of Work - Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00; Friday 08:30 – 16:30 (45 minutes lunch)
Work Location: In person
Free on-site parking
· Laptop and PC installations
· Software installations
o A thorough understanding Window 10/11 support
o A thorough understanding Office 365
o Anti-virus software
o 3rdparty desktop software
· Hardware fault diagnosis and repair
· Monitoring and managing backups
· Monitoring helpdesk tickets and responding to them within agreed time frames.
· Some exposure to ERP systems and engineering software is desirable.
· Mobile phone configuration
· Occasional remote site visits are required (a clean full driving license is essential)
· Keeping support documentation up to date
· Any other 1st line support issues that the business requires
The following qualities will be essential:
· A keen interest in, and an aptitude for, IT and technology
· Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of IT hardware
· Familiarity Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
· Excellent communication skills, a confident phone manner and immediate rapport with customers
· Meticulous and attentive to detail
· Be engaging, friendly and confident to help us deliver a first-class end user experience
· A willingness to expand on technical knowledge
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career as well as develop with the company as we continue to grow.
If you are a looking for a new exciting role then please apply by returning the completed job application form and signed GDPR Privacy Notice below along with your CV and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and job title in the email subject line.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted due to the volume of CV’s expected.
For our Recruitment Policies and other Group Policies, please go to our Policies section.