Thomas Armstrong (Aggregates) Ltd are looking to recruit a permanent, full time, Transport Planner to join our hugely successful haulage business team. This role would be suitable for an enthusiastic, motivated, transport planner who has a minimum of one years’ experience in the industry.
Reporting directly to our Logistics Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company working in the manufacturing of concrete blocks and aggregates products.
· Transport planning for a fleet of HGV’s
· Driver de-brief
· Planning and supervising transportation from initial production to end-user.
· Schedule daily and weekly routes.
· Operational administration as required.
· Ad-hoc transport office duties.
· Excellent communication and time management skills.
· An understanding of compliance within the transport industry.
· Ability to build positive working relations with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
· Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel)
· The ability to working under pressure within a busy transport office
· A competitive salary based on skills, knowledge and qualifications.
· Opportunities to develop your own skills within the business.
· Opportunities to gain industry and nationally recognised qualifications.
· The chance to work alongside industry experts.
· Working with a leading organisation within the transport industry.
· Company Pension Scheme
· On-site parking
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 08:00 - 18:00
Saturday 08:00 - 12:00 (as and when required)
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted
If you are a looking for a new exciting role then please apply by returning the completed job application form and signed GDPR Privacy Notice below along with your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com stating the reference number and job title in the email subject line.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted due to the volume of CV’s expected.
For our Recruitment Policies and other Group Policies, please go to our Policies section.