Thomas Armstrong are currently looking for a dedicated, reliable and enthusiastic person to join our small specialist team based at our office in Shardlow, Derbyshire.
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the ‘Estimator’ will be a key collaborator for new and existing relationships for estimating bidding, providing an advanced manufacturing solution that delivers high-quality and cost-effective products.
No ‘essential’ experience is necessary as all relevant training & development will be given in-house.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Creation of accurate and timely quotes.
• Communicate with the client to clarify any points that are not clear.
• Build and cost the quote (on the in-house configurator system).
• Send the quote to the customer by email Via our in-house quotes system.
• Record all relevant information in the company system and set up follow ups.
• Undertake any revisions and changes as per the customer request.
• Prepare final order confirmation and send to customer for approval.
• Discuss with the customer payment options and agree the best way forward.
• Care for the customer and the enquiry through from receiving the lead to order.
• Liaise with our designers and factory for manufacture.
Skills, attributes and qualifications:
• Good telephone manner and professional approach to customers.
• Good written/administration skills.
• Attention to detail.
• A basic understanding of estimation tools and techniques (i.e. the processes of estimating resources, durations and costs).
• Technically minded – desirable.
• Experience in interacting with customers in a sales/estimating environment.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Commercially aware.
• Full driving licence preferred but not essential.
Salary & Benefits
• Full time working hours (08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday, Friday 08:00 – 16:30)
• Competitive salary (dependent upon experience, skills and knowledge)
• Attractive Company Pension Scheme
• 26 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Free on-site car parking
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company working within the manufacturing and supply of specialist concrete products.
If you are a looking for a new exciting role then please apply by returning the completed job application form and signed GDPR Privacy Notice below along with your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com stating the reference number and job title in the email subject line.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted due to the volume of CV’s expected.
For our Recruitment Policies and other Group Policies, please go to our Policies section.